Monday, October 26, 2009

they have arrived!

i will post a full update later with my birth story and more pics, but wanted to share a few while i had a spare moment.

jeffry and sadie arrived on 10/21/09! jeffry was born at 1235pm and weighed in at 4 pounds, 3 ounces. sadie was born at 1236pm and weighed in at 4 pounds, 13 ounces.

sadie came up to the room with me and was discharged home with me yesterday. jeffry is in the special care nursery, where he will stay until he puts on a little more weight and gets better coordination of his sucking/feedings.

we are so thankful that neither of them required any type of resuscitation or oxygen/ventilators. jeffry came out screaming loud and clear, and the only reason he is still in SCN is because of his weight - babies under 2000 grams automatically are admitted there, and his weight converted at right around 1800 grams.

we are able to visit him any time of day or night, and are praying that he is able to join us at home very soon.

here are a few pics of sadie at home last night... more to come of jeffry today. =)






10 comments:

  1. she's beautiful! treasure these days, one day you won't believe she and her brother were ever this tiny. :) (they're about the same size my boys were when they were born and i cannot fathom that they were so little once.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delurking here to say Congratulations on the healthy birth of your twins! Sadie is so perfect, tiny and beautiful. I hope you can bring home Jeffrey soon. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. They are both so perfect. Keeping you all in my prayers that Jeffry will join the rest of you at home VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sadie is just precious! So beautiful! I hope that Jeffry comes home real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She is precious. I hope Jeffry puts on weight quickly so he can come home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! So precious. Hope Jeffry bulks up soon so everyone can be together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for y'all!! Sadie is precious. Can't wait to see pictures of Jeffry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Mommy!!! She's so tiny and perfect and beautiful and I'm sure her brother is the same. I'm so happy for all of you. Welcome to the world Jeffry and Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...she is so beautiful! CONGRATS!!!! I hope your lil guy gets to come home soon too! Congrats on your two precious miracles. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. You did it! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete