Monday, June 15, 2009

my new project.... tiny blankies!



i love to crochet, but can't follow a pattern to save my life. all i can do is double crochet row after row after row after (monotonous) row and make squares... or rectangles.... that i call blankets and scarves. =)

anyways, right before i found out i was pregnant, michael's had 50% off of all their yarns, so i picked out four different types to make little baby blankets. these are two of the finished products! they're just big enough to swaddle a newborn, and will probably be outgrown quickly, but they are so soft and cuddly.

i'm thinking of scaling these down and in my down time starting on a few teeny preemie sized blankets to donate to our local l&d hospital here in town. when my niece was in the nicu, the nurses covered her with a little knitted blanket that my sister was able to take home. i thought it was such a sweet gesture, and they are so easy to make, it would be a nice gesture to provide these to parents of nicu babies. =)

3 comments:

  1. That is so great of you to think of to do for NICU babies! They look great! I know how to knit, but never learned how to crochet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we are together next time, remind me to show you how to make a ripple blanket. It is really easy and also consists of only doubles. Also, you can "see" when you get off. You are not following a pattern. Love you!... and it is great to see that someone else inherited the crochet gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so awesome Amanda!! I wish I knew how to crochet!! and the NICU idea is so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete