Tuesday, July 28, 2009

23 week belly pic

please excuse the bathroom pics - this was yesterday, my first day back at work in over a week. i have to say, the only good thing about bedrest is that it's the only time i'm completely comfortable! the minute i'm up and about, the pain/discomfort/contractions start up again!




How far along? 23 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: + 1/2 pound
Stretch marks? i can't see any, but jeff says it's just because i can't see my lower belly - he says they are there.
Sleep: not too hot.... i'm only comfortable on my left side or flat on my back.
Best moment this week: when sadie was really acting up last night, jeff put his hand on my belly... his eyes got as big as saucers and he said "i'm glad they're in you and not me!" i had to laugh. =)
Movement: it's so cool how these two have totally different personalities already. jeffry is so calm and mellow, but sadie is a spastic little thing. jeffry just kind of rolls around, but her.... it's like the 4th of july fireworks show in my uterus.
Food cravings: apple juice.
Labor signs: just the everyday contractions, nothing progressive.
What I miss: being able to fully stretch in the mornings.
What I’m looking forward to: making it to 24 weeks will put my mind at ease a little. should anything happen, that will be the marker for viability. two more days! and seeing the kiddos again next tuesday at my MFM appt.
Weekly Wisdom: not much new to add.
Milestones: the babies' room is finally cleaned out - hell hath frozen over! just kidding.... we're getting furniture this week, so jeff was antsy to get things moved into the attic (after me hounding him for a month about it). he's starting to nest - it's so cute.... i went to the grocery store sunday afternoon and he told me i needed to get a bottle of dreft so he could start washing all the baby clothes that we've been storing in bins. i come home from the store and he's in the babies' room, unpacking diapers and arranging them on shelves in the closet. =)
so, here's the before pic of the babies' room!

2 comments:

  1. ok first of all-i see you were up VERY early this morn!! Can't sleep? I am soooooo glad you finally got the room cleaned-thanks jeff for finally getting around to it. can't wait to see the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see the furniture also!! can't wait to see baby pics! :)

    ReplyDelete